- 2 can tuna, drained
- 2 celery stocks, finely diced
- 3-4 mini sweet peppers
- 1/3 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots (or finely diced)
- 1/2 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard (champagne, Dijon, spicy brown, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 punches cayenne pepper
Drain tuna well and set aside.
Add all the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Fold in tuna and taste to taste to see if you need to adjust the seasoning. I like to serve this salad over chopped romaine lettuce tossed with a little champagne or red wine vinegar and a small sliced tomato. Enjoy!
- 2 c. chopped carrots
- 2 c. chopped celery
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 Tablespoon mineral salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 9-10 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes, optional
- I diced bell pepper, optional
- 1 cup lentils, brown, green or red
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly slice, optional
- 8 cups greens (spinach, kale, chard, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ c. packed chopped parsley, optional
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat one tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and sauté until the onions are translucent.
Add coriander, bay leaves, stock, tomatoes, bell pepper, and lentils. Bring to a boil, and then lower heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
Add cabbage and greens. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper as needed. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until veggies and lentils are tender. Stir in red wine vinegar and parsley. Serve hot with a thick slice of sprouted or sourdough bread if desired. Enjoy!
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 stocks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large can tomato puree
- 2-3 large box chicken stock, plus more as needed
- 2 oz. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ c. chopped carrots, chopped
- 1-2 c. Italian green beans (or any green beans canned, froze or fresh), roughly chopped*
- 4 chopped fresh tomatoes (green are okay), roughly chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 small jar green olives (1/4 c. for FP), sliced
- 1 small can black olives (1/4 c. for FP), sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 c. fresh sliced mushrooms, sliced
- handful of parsley, minced or torn
- A couple handful of spinach, optional
- Parmesan cheese for topping, optional
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven, add onions, celery and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add tomato puree, chicken stock, red wine vinegar, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Simmer for around 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Add the carrots, Italian style green beans, chopped fresh tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber and sliced olives. Taste and add salt if needed. You can also add more chicken stock if it is getting too thick. I sometimes add up to a quart extra. It’s your own preference! Simmer until the vegetables are tender, around 15 minutes.
Add cauliflower, cabbage, mushrooms and parsley. Taste and add salt if needed. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Taste for seasoning. You will probably need more salt! Serve hot topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional (don't do this if you are doing fuel cycle!)
* This recipe is very forgiving. If you don't like or don't have any of the listed ingredients, feel free to leave out or substitute any vegetables.